Monday, July 19, 2010

Rice Packs

For a 'secret santa' present last Christmas I made up a pamper box that included a heat pack and cooling eye pillow both filled with rice. I got the idea from this tutorial. I've since made two different sized rice/ice packs for our freezer that have already come in mighty handy for a certain toddler:

It's a bit hard to see, but there's a little face on the small bag.

Because they are filled with rice, the temperature isn't too cold on your skin and there is no need to wrap them in a teatowel. The rice is very good at molding itself around the injured body part- something ice packs can't, until they've gone all squishy. The larger packs have a removable cover so the grime that comes with injuries can easily be washed away. The little packs (perfect for baby boo-boos) are only one layer however- no cover.

Mum had asked me for one for their freezer also, and today I finally got round to making two up. I love them!



No comments:

Post a Comment